VMware off campus recruitment 2023 : Apply for the role of Associate Data Center Ops Engineer. Read complete eligibility for recruitment here
The Associate IT DC Ops Engineer works closely with IT DC Ops lead and team within APAC to understand and manage day to day activities of Data Center and LAB within VMWARE. In addition, this role proactively learns and understand Data Center and IT infrastructure technologies with VMware platform adoption and standardization. Driving relationships at every level with internal customers.
Work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions.
- Competency in technical background about operating systems (Windows & Linux), Computer Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, UDP protocols, OSI layers)
- Basic scripting and automation knowledge
- Basic Computer hardware (RAMs, HDD/SSD, CPU) knowledge
- Work with Sr. IT DC operations team members to understand day to day operation of Labs, and technical support
- Work within IT LABS and Data Center for
- Equipment installation, managing shipping and receiving
- Installs/moves/add changes (IMACS), equipment removal
- Asset management of the IT equipment within IT LAB/data centers
- Familiar with Problem/incident management process
- Manage Equipment rooms (IT LABS) and to control the access to the VMWARE DC/LAB
- Schedule installations and work with various vendors for mission critical equipment
- Installation, RMA and upgrades
- Conduct regular pre-checks on all IT equipment within IT LAB/DCs
- Break-fix for Network, Servers, Storage, networks
- Liaise with Vendors for Installations, Upgrades of Storage, server, network equipment as per customer requirement
- Regularly interact with internal customers to understand business requirement, handle escalations and seek feedback
- Monitor Help Now queue for incident and problem
- Engineer with 1-4 years of Datacenter hands-on plus remote support experience
- Competency in technical background about data center infrastructure, Server hardware and architecture, operating systems, Desktop deployments, system administration and/or technical architecture.
- Good written and verbal Communication Skills in English
- Adaptable and progressive learner
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and as an individual
- Accomplished communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact communicate
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Knowledge of VMWARE Technology and Products
- Certification in Networking (CCNE) or VMware (VCP 5/ 6 certification)
- Consistently take the appropriate actions to resolve problems and knowledge of Problem and Incident Management process.
- Take ownership of all customer issues and be timely in follow-up on all details of any outstanding items
- Express ideas and points of view in written documents in a clear, well-structured, and concise manner
- High aptitude for learning, through various mediums and modes
2021 , 2022 and 2023 batch job Links : Apply for Off campus drive
Off-campus recruitment is the process of recruiting students for employment who are currently enrolled at the final year of passed out from college. This can be done through job fairs, online job boards, and other recruitment channels. Enggsolution is one of the best online website for best off campus drive recruitment updates.
The advantages of off-campus recruitment are that it allows employers to reach a wider pool of potential employees, and it can be less expensive and time-consuming than on-campus recruitment. The disadvantages of off-campus recruitment are that employers may have difficulty finding qualified candidates, and they may miss out on talented students who are not actively seeking jobs.
Off-campus recruitment can be a good option for employers who are looking for entry-level or entry-level positions. It can also be a good option for employers who are looking for candidates with specific skills or experience.