ISRO offering free certificate and free 3 days workshop on Space Situational Awareness & Space Traffic Management (SSA &STM) on 12th, 13th & 14th October
A major step taken by ISRO in this regard is the setting up of the ISRO System for Safe Stable and Sustainable Space Operations Management (IS4OM) for establishment of dedicated observational facilities (RADARS, Telescopes, space based platforms) to obtain more accurate orbital information of space objects, extensive co-ordination with national and international bodies to avoid on-orbit collisions, collaborate with academia and research institutes for the assessment of the orbital space debris environment, engagement with emerging Indian space actors to raise the awareness on the importance of space debris mitigation for long-term sustainability of space activity.
The Department of space has been engaging students, academicians, enthusiasts through its outreach programs on SSA & SST. An international workshop on “SSA & STM” held during January 2023 at Bangalore to raise awareness among the stakeholders of Indian space arena, academia and industry on the importance of SSA and STM activities.
In continuation, a 2 day workshop on SSA & STM exclusively for the student community will be helding during October 12th ,13th, 2023 at ISRO Head Quarters, Bengaluru. Expert technical talks by eminent ISRO scientists / engineers working in the field of SSA & STM and an interactive session with the Directors of various ISRO Centres will be the proceedings of the workshop. This workshop will be beneficial to students and academic community in bringing awareness on the space scenario and their role towards making space, a safe, stable and sustainable environment for mankind
Who Can Apply?
a. Only Indian nationals mentioned below pursuing their courses from Colleges/Institutes/Universities in India recognized by boards/agencies of Government of India/State Government are eligible.
- B.E/B.Tech Students studying in 4th year or above (all branches of 4 year/ 5 years integrated Engineering courses )
- M.E/ M.Tech / M.Sc students belonging all branches
- Full time/Part time PhD students/Research scholars (Pursuing research in Space related areas, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, and Engineering & Technology) of affiliated institutes/ universities.
- Faculty members of Indian academic institutes.
Seat allocation and preferences
b. A total of 200 participants will be selected for attending the workshop. The split up of seats is as per the categories mentioned below.
- B.E/B.Tech Students – 80 seats
- M.E/M.Tech/M.Sc Students – 60 seats
- Ph.D Students – 40 seats
- Faculty – 20 seats
c. Common pool of seats shall be created, in case sufficient students have not applied for the above categories. The seats in the common pool will be proportionally allocated based on the above mentioned category for seat allocation.
d. Direct selection: Selection for participation will be automatic if the numbers of applicants are found to be less than the allocated seats in any category.
e. If selected, the wait listed candidates will be intimated by email on later date to join the program.
Selection Procedure – for students
f. The selection to the course is purely based on merit and the applicant’s interest in attending the workshop. Following is the weightage scheme.
60% for section i) – Academic performance
40% for section ii) – Online Quiz
g. Section i) – Academic performance
60% weightage for accomplished academic performance. Candidate is required to upload the Mark sheet / Grade sheet as per the following qualification criterion. (in-case candidate is awarded CGPA he/she should also attach the printed/attested equivalent percentage conversion formula.)
|B.E/B.Tech||Overall percentage of marks obtained in all first 4 semesters or first 2 years. CGPA will not be considered|
|M.E/M.Tech/M.Sc||Overall percentage of marks obtained in bachelor degree. CGPA will not be considered.|
|PhD Students||Overall percentage of marks obtained in master’s degree. CGPA will not be considered.|
h. Section ii) – Online Quiz (The link for the Quiz will be sent on your email with a password for quiz that will be in addition to the login credential)
- 40% weightage for the marks scored in the online quiz.
- There shall be 20 questions on general awareness about Space and Space situational awareness.
- Each correct answer will carry 2 (two) marks and each incorrect answer will attract 1(one) negative mark
- All questions have to be attempted and answering has to be completed in 10 min
- The online quiz can be attempted only once by every participant.
Selection procedure – for faculty
i. The faculty members of Indian academic institutes shall be selected only based on the marks obtained the online quiz as mentioned in above point.
- Important dates :
- Registration Open: 15th August, 2023
- Registration Close: 30th August 2023, 17:30 hrs
- Onine Quiz: 3rd to 4th September, 2023
- Declaration of Results : 12th September, 2023