DBATU passing criteria for BTech students is listed here. Check passing criteria for first year , second year , third year and final year engineering student.
DBATU, or the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, is a state university located in Lonere, Maharashtra, India. The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various fields of engineering, technology, and management. In order to pass a course at DBATU, students must meet certain criteria set by the university.
Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University (DBATU)’s passing criteria with conditions for being promoted (ATKT) for next academic year. Go through the marking scheme for examinations of DBATU for more information.
DBATU passing criteria
The passing criteria for undergraduate programs at DBATU is as follows:
- In seperate passing (1st year , 2nd , 3rd & 4th year students only), no minimum marks out of total marks of mid sem exam and class assessment but minimum 20 marks out of 60 marks (ETE) are mandatory for each subject.
- In case of remedial exam, minimum 20 marks out of 50 marks are mandatory and grace marks will not be given for any subject.
It’s important to note that these are the minimum requirements for passing a course. Students who wish to have a higher grade point average or be eligible for honors must score higher marks in their exams and assessments.
Students clearing all subjects of the respective academic year (winter and summer) will be deemed to have passed in the examinations.
Students failing in any subject will be treated as promoted (ATKT) or failed based on number of credits earned.
As the discussion made in AC minutes meeting , The minimum marks for passing is decided as “Every student of B.Tech should get a minimum of 20 marks out of 60 from end semester examination”. There will be no minimum marks to pass in mid semester and Continuous Assessments. This decision was made for students admitted after 2019
Additionally, students who fail to meet the passing criteria in a course will have to retake the course, which can delay their graduation. Therefore, it’s important for students to be aware of the passing criteria and work towards meeting them throughout the semester.
In conclusion, DBATU has set certain criteria that students must meet in order to pass a course. These criteria include attendance, marks in internal assessments, and marks in semester end exams. Students should be aware of these criteria and work towards meeting them in order to avoid having to retake courses and delaying their graduation.
DBATU PROMOTION RULES (CARRY ON)
Promotion rules for academic year 2019-20 are resolved and modified by DBATU university. Promotion rules for the students of B.Tech courses, effective for all the students are as follows:
- Students should clear 60% of the total credits prescribed for first year program for claiming promotion to second year.
- For claiming promotion to third year, every student should clear 80% of the total credits of first year B.Tech and second year B.Tech considered together.
- For claiming promotion to fourth year, every student should clear 86% of total credits of first, second and third year B.Tech considered together.
DBATU ATKT (PROMOTED):
- Students of 1st year will get admission to 2nd year after attending course work prescribed for 1st year with prescribed attendance and successfully cleared at least 60% of the total credits specified for 1st year program.
- Students of 2nd year will get admission to 3rd year after attending course work prescribed for 2nd year with prescribed attendance, and successfully cleared 1st year program and at least 60% of total credits prescribed for 2nd year program.
- Students of 3rd year will get admission to final year after attending course work prescribed for 3rd year with prescribed attendance, and should have completed 2nd year program and 60% of total credits prescribed for 3rd year program.