Barclays Summer Internship 2023 for fresher BE BTech pursuing students , read details and apply now for BI internship. Apply now for barclays internship now
Structured Credit team in Mumbai works with trading & analyst teams across the globe and supports the traders and senior management by owning end to end Risk Management including managing the funding risk, capital management, exposure management, overseeing margin call process, pipeline and in-depth risk & PnL analysis. The team also produces business critical MIS reports, builds and maintains tools to help find trading opportunities and recommend trade ideas, analyze companies, track news and produce other customized analytics.
Overall purpose of role
This would be a two-month internship to support a team of traders in building and maintaining tools to help find trading opportunities, track market data, perform ad hoc customized analysis in producing business critical reports.
- Help build and optimise everyday analytical tools and models used by desk traders
- Build and maintain trade and booking database
- Understand and assist desk to build tools for usual trading activities such as margin calls, interest payments, capital management, risk reporting, pricing
- Develop an in-depth understanding of all risk types in the business
- Oversee risk and trading management of Live trades
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The candidate would have to interact with counterparts globally. The candidate would have to work with the regional teams to understand the requirements, work with them to develop the new products and work on enhancements.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- The candidate needs to work on several time sensitive activities and hence is required to be meticulous and efficient
Risk and Control Objective
Take ownership for managing risk and strengthening controls in relation to the work you do. Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Strong quantitative background
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Aptitude for self-learning and collaborative mindset
- Proactive in nature. Should be keen to learn and implement learnings in real time
- Team player
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Basic Knowledge of credit products, risks and their mitigation techniques
- Basic understanding & interest in Finance
Apply now for Barclays Summer Internship 2023