Barclays hiring for Support Engineer role , Applications open for BE BTech ME MTech MCA freshers , read eligibility and apply for job here
To prioritize technical system support and improvement in the areas of (1) Application Stability (2) Infrastructure Maintenance (3) DevOps. This team will focus on supporting the business by operating to improve reliability through observability and automation for repetitive Incidents, Improving Monitoring for early Incident Detection, Performance Improvement for Stability, Capacity Planning, Resiliency planning and execution, Problem Management, This team will become the true technical SMEs in the application landscape and have the most in-depth knowledge of the application configuration and settings, recovery process and improvement opportunities – constantly driving our Trading application environment forwards.
This role is part of the dedicated service layer of Markets Pre-trade comprises of the many front office applications, which provide critical front office functionality for sales and trading functions like order and trade management, execution and booking etc. supporting the various asset classes like Equities, Rates, Credit, Securitized Products and FX business globally from electronic execution, through pricing, trade booking and risk/PnL systems.
What will you be doing?
• Providing seamless end-to-end support and expertise for front office Trading applications to help drive the effectiveness and commercial strength of the Trading franchise.
• Monitoring underlying system health, functionality, and availability to proactively detect and prevent issues from impacting the business.
• Improving monitoring and alerting capabilities primarily through ITRS or other strategic platforms.
• Working with the development teams to understand full production application build, configuration, and change going into the platform.
• Compliance to audit, regulatory and CSO Standards requirements – risk aware and focused
• Analyse automation failures, identify root cause of failure and work with L3, Integration and application owners
• Log and track incidents and issues following the ITIL standards; Tracking outstanding issues and working with the appropriate parties to achieve resolution and prevent re-occurrence.
• Ensuring all application standard controls and requirements are being met and that any new services being brought to production have met the required level of standards and assurances.
• Works with Build the Bank, GTIS (Infra), GTSM (Service Management) and Operations to identify manual tasks and automate.
What we’re looking for:
• Degree in information system or computer science or any equivalent
• Application troubleshooting/debugging capability and analytical skills
• Basic Operating systems Unix/Linux or Windows knowledge
• Basic Scripting experience
• Basic experience of working with relational databases
• Basic knowledge of DevOps and understanding of various stages of Agile Change life cycle.
• Basic ITIL knowledge
• Strong Communication Skills
Skills that will help you in the role:-
• A selection of several of the below skills: Python, Citrix, Web services, Java, Kibana, ITRS, AppDynamics, Splunk
• Exposure to middleware technologies (ex. Tibco RV and Solace) desirable
• Understanding of IB Front office technology (understanding of trade lifecycle) would be an advantage
• Any Service Management/ticketing tool and Workflow Knowledge
• Knowledge of scheduling tools like Autosys or others.
Where will you be working?
What we’re looking for:
- Basic Qualification : Comp Eng. Graduate and above
- Below Essential skills required:
- Scripting – Writing & reading Shell/Unix, PL/SQL scripts,
- Databases – Working knowledge on enterprise RDBMS databases such as Oracle and SQL Server & Hadoop (Spark, Hive, Hbase, HDFS, Hadoop Resource Management) & ETL Concepts (SAS, Oracle and DataStage)
- Strong understanding on AbInitio concepts/scheduling tools like TWS & application Hosting Platforms such as WebSphere, JBoss, IPlanet, Apache, Tomcat & DevOps Tools such as Jenkins, Chef
- Hands on experience to alerting & monitoring tools like AppD , ELK Netcool, ITRS Geneos, Hands-on on Cloud Technologies such as OpenShift / aPaaS.
Skills that will help you in the role :
• Scripting – Writing & reading Shell, PL/SQL scripts
• Databases – Working knowledge on enterprise RDBMS databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
• Working Knowledge of Hadoop – Spark, Hive, Hbase, HDFS, Hadoop Resource Management, Hadoop ETL Concepts
Where will you be working?
2021 , 2022 and 2023 batch job Links : Apply for Off campus drive
Off-campus recruitment is the process of recruiting students for employment who are currently enrolled at the final year of passed out from college. This can be done through job fairs, online job boards, and other recruitment channels. Enggsolution is one of the best online website for best off campus drive recruitment updates.
The advantages of off-campus recruitment are that it allows employers to reach a wider pool of potential employees, and it can be less expensive and time-consuming than on-campus recruitment. The disadvantages of off-campus recruitment are that employers may have difficulty finding qualified candidates, and they may miss out on talented students who are not actively seeking jobs.
Off-campus recruitment can be a good option for employers who are looking for entry-level or entry-level positions. It can also be a good option for employers who are looking for candidates with specific skills or experience.